Monday, September 03, 2007

Searching for routine...

Hi there loyal readers, a moment you have been waiting for...the Africa pics! They are posted below under Legersabroad pics in Africa albums I, II, and III.
So now, being back in NOLA, has been an adjustment for sure. Mostly, I have had to get back into the routine of being responsible for domestic activities. Having camped for so long and having my meals cooked for me for almost 7 weeks has not helped. I am back to washing my hair and washing dishes; I've only cooked a couple of times but I'm getting back into it slowly. Luckily I have the best hubby in the world and he has been extra-patient with me in my transition to the fast lane. I'm back in school and at work, loving both so far. I still don't have a weekly routine down but I am now incorporating workouts at the gym which I haven't done before. Also, it is weird with Travis not having a 9-5 schedule, since he is schooling it now as well. I guess it will take a while but we'll get it figured out sooner or later. Same, the dog, is probably feeling it the most. She has suddenly established weird eating patterns, like, not eating at all sometimes, and we figure it is because she is confused because her routine has changed.
I don't have much motivation, unfortunately, to blog about my vacation after the trip, so you'll be forced to look at the pictures (they are part III). I do have some journal entries from the trip that I would like to just copy into the blog, so I will do that. And I will caption the holiday pictures first so you'll have an idea of what everything is. It was an amazing journey, from start to finish. I learned a lot about others and about myself. It was uplifting and horrifying, intriguing and repulsive. I really hope to work in that part of the world in the future, as I know the help is needed. But where isn't it?
Bek Abroad (at home)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home