Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A final post for now!

So, we have been pretty busy since yesterday since our class began. To give a quick rundown of the weekend, on Saturday we headed back into Nairobi with some newly arrived friends and actually, because it was on the weekend and not as busy, I enjoyed it a bit more. On Sunday it was Meredith's birthday so a group of 6 of us rented two taxis for the day and went out to a suburb called Karen. There we visited a Giraffe Center (AWESOME!), the Karen Blixen Museum (Isac Denison...author of Out of Africa...pretty boring compared to plantation homes in LA but the garden had some cool flora), and CARNIVORE, twice voted one of the best 50 restaurants in the world. Since then we have been having class and I have not toted my camera around, but I am attempting now at a different internet cafe to at least get a few posted.

Love to all. We hit the road tomorrow so maybe not much word from here on out. This journey has been so amazing already and it's only just begun! It has challenged my mind and I have questioned so much and that's a good thing. I have been very impressed with the Kenyan health workers we have met so far. However, I am looking forward to the contrast that we should find in the villages. (These pics are taking a long time to load...I hope they post!) Ok, So I could only post one but it's a good one. See below...

Mom and Travis, I am going to try to call you both tonight (my tonight) so be ready!


Love,

Bek Abroad :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

With Travis's house impression, i bet it wasn't much different than kissing your hubby. Just teasing Travis!

Come home soon! I miss you tons!

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, not house impressions - horse impressions. Does it make more sense now?

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home