Monday, June 20, 2005

The Louisiana we will miss


I've been thinking about the things I will miss. I remember that while I was in Denmark for a semester one of the things I missed was something I never would have predicted - thunder. It rained there, but I can only remember hearing thunder once.
So, I know I won't think of everything I'll miss, but here are a few.


This little guy, and many others, live in the ditches on our street.


Squirrels live in the trees around here. We love to watch them.


This is the Mighty Mississippi River, the longest in the states. Isn't it pretty?


This is the 1-10 bridge that crosses the Mississippi. I see it first!


I don't know for sure, actually, but I recently read the bridge that crosses the Atchafalaya River Basin, above, is the longest in the world.



Bekah's favorite eating spot is Jason's Deli, though Mr. Gatti's, a local pizza place, may also share the title. We don't have a Jason's Deli in our hometown, so we have to find them when we travel.
Below, I'm eating our favorite, a Ranchero Wrap.




Coffee Call is another of Bekah's favs. This is in Baton Rouge. They sell not only coffee but beautiful beignets, like the one's below.

Posted by Hello

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, the Causeway over Lake Ponchartrain is the longest bridge in the world.

Do you play the "I see the bridge" game too? I loved that game growing up.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Travis Leger said...

I taught the game to Travis...we play it every time!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Geez, I'm going to have to make it to Louisiana someday for some beignets! I've heard of them, but never tasted one. At the jazz festival we saw catfish nuggets and breaded okra, but no beignets. Or maybe I'll have to just make some, as I don't see myself making it to Louisiana any time soon. :-(

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home