Thursday, May 05, 2005

DMB, Packing, & Have We Sold the Stanza???

B - For those that care...there's a new DMB album out this coming Tuesday. It's called "Stand Up". Here is a link for a sneak preview. There is even a song called "Louisiana Bayou" presumably written when Dave was in Thibodaux filming Because of Winn Dixie, which is a great kids' movie. I did miss the Jazz Fest this past weekend, where the band played. My friend who went said it was way too crowded, but that the show was good. No regrets, I was with my favorite aunt and cousin in Arkansas.
Well, since afternoons are free now, I have been trying to pack stuff away so that I don't have to look at it anymore. Yesterday, I pulled four garbage bags (13 gal.) of clothes out of the closet. I am pretty much down to the bare minimum now. I have almost narrowed it down to what I will bring to East Timor. I get a very good feeling when I cleanse my closet. It makes me realize that I keep way too much crap, way too many clothes, and most of it I don't wear. So, sisters of mine, I hope you have fun looking through my clothes.
We may have sold the Stanza! On the first day we put the cars out for display and listed them in the paper, we got several calls. One of them was a guy standing out by the car so we went out to meet him. He and Travis settled on a price, and we are supposed to conduct the official business tomorrow morning. After they settled, the guy said, "I'm gonna buy this car on Friday, you can take the For Sale sign off of it." So we removed the sign and put the car back by our apartment. Then after an hour or so, Travis decided he wanted to take a picture of both cars together for this site. So we drove it back out there by the Civic and put the sign back in it, and guess what? The guy who wants to buy it drives back up! He says, "Oh, I see you're putting the sign back in, I told you I was gonna buy it." What a coincidence. Well, we explained that we were taking pictures for our website and he seemed to believe us, which is good cause that was the truth!
We have gotten some calls about the Civic, too. Thank goodness! Hopefully they'll both be sold by the week's end.

Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From the favorite aunt: Thanks for saying I'm your favorite aunt. How is the language coming? I was interested to read that a secondary language is Portuguese. Do you think you will learn any of that?

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home