Friday, April 22, 2005

Inspired As a Door Closes Behind Me

T - I have been inspired by PC Invitee Brian Reeves in Florida and, more specifically, his blog. His story is all there. I have been inspired to write today, on my last day as a VISTA. This door is closing behind me (I'll try not to let it hit me on the way out) and Bekah and I are walking down the hallway to another door labelled PCV.
Everyday I think about this future endevour in a different light. Each thing I read or that Bekah tells me alters my preconceptions bit by bit.
I am sitting here, listening to an archived radio interview with Coldplay on this Gateway computer in this air-conditioned office. A phone rings every ten minutes. Flourescent lighting paints the office a bright yellow. When my co-workers talk to me, we speak English. All of this is normal and we don't think about it at all.
I can go on for days thinking about what we have here and what others don't have (and if you walked into my office at any given time you would probably find me daydreaming). Anyway, I don't know where to go from here.
So, signing off from my office, adios.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home