Thursday, May 12, 2005

The days of summer

B- As South Louisianians know, once it gets hot, there's no hope. There's no chance that we'll have one more "cool" front and enjoy the weather again. Nope. It's the season for sweating. I thought there might be some relief being on a bike compared to a non-AC car, but I was wrong. It's just as bad. True, there is a nice breeze, but there is no escape from the sun. And you can't really wear a sun-hat with a bike helmet. Sunscreen is a must.
I take this opportunity to address the weather in Dili, East Timor. According to CNN.com's international weather report, the forecast for today is a high of 87F, low of 69F. That's 31C and 21C for those who know the other system, as I am sure we will know soon. It is partly cloudy and the humidity is 70% (at least it's not 100%!!!). Winds are SSE at 5 mph, and this is the neat part...the sunrise is at 4:48 a.m. and the sunset is at 4:37 p.m. That's going to make for a weird day!
So the temperature's not too bad...but wait...isn't it winter in the southern hemisphere right now? Ohhh...maybe that is bad. Anyway, that link is here for anyone interested in checking the weather down under.
And speaking of all this hot weather, I am lucky to be spending the afternoon poolside, thanks to a friend who is housesitting at a house with a pool! Anyone who knows me knows I love to swim!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I like how things are coming with your weblog. Thanks for the kind words about my own writings -- it's nice when one's words can inspire others. Don't worry too much about infrequent comments. People are still reading!

Peace,
Bri

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home