Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Cruz Vermelha de Timor-Leste

B - Travis discovered something neat today, other than how to post pictures on the site. The Red Cross Society of East Timor has it's own website: www.cvtl.tp, and there's an option to view the site in Tetun, the language we'll be learning. Actually we are beginning to learn it now. One important phrase I have learned already: Hau laos dotora. Know what it means? "I am not a doctor." I have a feeling I'll be using that one...especially since the new messenger bag I got looks somewhat familiar to Hawkeye's doctor bag in M*A*S*H. I couldn't resist it! Last night we bought some Post-it notes and I plastered them all over things in our apartment, stating the Tetun and the English name for the object. For example "lilin" is candle; "modo" is vegetable; "tudik" is knife...all those I remember from memory...impressive! Well...more creative touches will be on the way from Travis, I'm sure. Who knows if anyone besides us is reading this anyway...

2 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

I reading it almost everyday.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

That is, I'm reading it almost every day. I hope you learn to speak Tetun better than I speak English.

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home