Monday, May 22, 2006

Writing therapy

Here's a good one: our neighbors push-starting their red tractor in our front yard.

Each day, each hour that goes by brings with it different feelings about what we've done and what we want to do next. I've said, no, I don't want to go back to Timor because it was so hard on us; and then as I was catching my breath thought, but there's so much I left unfinished there. The other day I looked up on PC Mozambique, a possible destination for us should we want to try somewhere else. It's a former Portuguese colony, just like Timor, so you'd think we'd be prime candidates. And it looks gorgeous. And more developed than Timor - which, by the way, we've heard is actually one the toughest Peace Corps countries around. But since then I've thought, no, I'm ready to move on. I've grown a lot with my experience and I'm ready to start a career and a family.
And write. Thus the title of this entry, Writing therapy. I've written very short stories about different things that happened to us from even before we left. And I have a good one half about Peace Corps and half about how I got to where I am now. I added a new link to PeaceCorpsWriters.org on the side there. I'm trying to figure out where to try to get stuff published. I've read a few stories from Peace Corps Writers and another sight called Peace Corps Writers - Blogs about the Peace Corps Experience, also linked on the side, and other random sights I have linked or have googled. Reading a few will give you a good idea of what a volunteer goes through. Most themes are universal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home